Osteoporosis pain: taking Nortripyline 100 mg@ night. Pain gone. Should he still take it?

christineATU 19 Apr 2010

"Your doctor will need to check you at regular visits for at least the first 12 weeks of treatment." That is one of the sentences I read when I looked up this drug. It's an anti depressant. Was it prescribed for pain? If this is the correct medicine I found, he should keep taking it until he consults with his doctor. I'm a bit confused as to why he would be prescribed it. However, there are some medications that help with both depression and pain. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. I will try to see what the "professional" version says about this medication.

christineATU 19 Apr 2010

I normally do not "copy and paste my answers but this is the info I read.

"Take nortriptyline exactly as it was prescribed for you. Do not take the medication in larger amounts, or take it for longer than recommended by your doctor. Your doctor may occasionally change your dose to make sure you get the best results from this medication. Follow the directions on your prescription label.