Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo - How effective is Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for acne?

mademychoice39 6 Apr 2016

I took this many years ago when my acne was at its worst, and I just recently started taking it again. It really does help calm your face down. I noticed that it helped control my oily skin, which in turned helped the acne because my pores weren't getting so clogged with oil and dirt. It wasn't effective as something that is made for treating acne, like when I took Acutane and it cured my acne for good, but it does make a difference. I have found a combo of the Ortho Tri-Cyclen, and using good facial products keeps my skin completely clear now. I never get acne anymore since the Acutane, but I get a few pimples around period time and have blackheads and oily skin to deal with still. I use only Dermalogica products and trust me, it is worth investing in. Each product is about $30-$50 but they last 6-8 months. I use the face wash, and the oil control lotion. With that daily, and a scrub to exfoliate once a week my skin is so soft and clear now. And if you can't afford that yet, just make sure whatever you buy has Salicylic acid in it. That's the best ingredient for clearing skin. I hope this helps you!

toto4814 6 Apr 2016

Thank you for your response!

toto4814 6 Apr 2016

thank you very much mademychoice39 its great to hear your experience and how it treated your skin. Thanks for the tips!

mademychoice39 7 Apr 2016

No problem! In my 40 years I've tried it all, feel free to hit me up with any questions! At my age it's really FUN to try to combat oily skin and pimples, with a splash of wrinkles around the eyes for good measure :))

toto4814 7 Apr 2016

... I hear you. My 14 year old is the one struggling with the acne now. I've already put in over 2 decades... now it's rosacea for me.

mademychoice39 7 Apr 2016

Or poor thing! I was in my early 20's when the acne started from getting the Depo Provera birth control shot. It was new then and they didn't know that it could cause acne. My Dermatologist recommended Neutregena products since I could only afford to buy from the regular stores then and not at "Macy's" type stores. Neutregena products have the Salicylic acid and its not too expensive. I have a friend that has Rosacea too and she hates it! Isn't it fun getting older?! :))

thatpat 4 days ago

It worked to stop acne for my daughter. BUT now our CVS said it was on back-order last month but we called other CVS pharmacies and located one pack in stock. Now this month none of the local CVS had it so had to find a pack in a Walgreens. Even many of the Walgreens were "backordered". So I called the company that manufactures it to find out why the shortage. Shock! Was told they have discontinued the manufacture of all birth control! I asked why didn't they inform the pharmacies because the pharmacies just think it is on back-order. Reply was that the pharmacies can find the info on the FDA.com website. I said why would the pharmacies even think to look on the FDA website when they have no reason to believe the product has been discontinued. Literally all 10 drugstores that I called this week did not know the Jansen BC pills are discontinued and all just thought it was on backorder. Would be nice if the manufacturer would inform the pharmacies so they could inform their customers that they will have to find an alternative. Big problem finding an alternative because all generics my daughter has ever tried (in order to save money) have caused severe acne within one week! So bad that she kept switching back to the name brand and costing $60 out of pocket per month. Plus I've seen many other users comment how generics gave them debilitating anxiety, depression, pms, acne, crying fits and other side effects. The acne is cystic which creates big deep painful acne which leaves scars so this is no joke. We are seriously worried how we will find an alternative that prevents acne. If there is anyone out there that used to take Ortho tri-cyclen Lo and has found an alternative that works just as good, please leave a comment. Thanks