Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo - How effective is Ortho Tri Cyclen Lo for acne?

mademychoice39 6 Apr 2016

I took this many years ago when my acne was at its worst, and I just recently started taking it again. It really does help calm your face down. I noticed that it helped control my oily skin, which in turned helped the acne because my pores weren't getting so clogged with oil and dirt. It wasn't effective as something that is made for treating acne, like when I took Acutane and it cured my acne for good, but it does make a difference. I have found a combo of the Ortho Tri-Cyclen, and using good facial products keeps my skin completely clear now. I never get acne anymore since the Acutane, but I get a few pimples around period time and have blackheads and oily skin to deal with still. I use only Dermalogica products and trust me, it is worth investing in. Each product is about $30-$50 but they last 6-8 months. I use the face wash, and the oil control lotion. With that daily, and a scrub to exfoliate once a week my skin is so soft and clear now. And if you can't afford that yet, just make sure whatever you buy has Salicylic acid in it. That's the best ingredient for clearing skin. I hope this helps you!

toto4814 6 Apr 2016

Thank you for your response!

toto4814 6 Apr 2016

thank you very much mademychoice39 its great to hear your experience and how it treated your skin. Thanks for the tips!

mademychoice39 7 Apr 2016

No problem! In my 40 years I've tried it all, feel free to hit me up with any questions! At my age it's really FUN to try to combat oily skin and pimples, with a splash of wrinkles around the eyes for good measure :))

toto4814 7 Apr 2016

... I hear you. My 14 year old is the one struggling with the acne now. I've already put in over 2 decades... now it's rosacea for me.

mademychoice39 7 Apr 2016

Or poor thing! I was in my early 20's when the acne started from getting the Depo Provera birth control shot. It was new then and they didn't know that it could cause acne. My Dermatologist recommended Neutregena products since I could only afford to buy from the regular stores then and not at "Macy's" type stores. Neutregena products have the Salicylic acid and its not too expensive. I have a friend that has Rosacea too and she hates it! Isn't it fun getting older?! :))