I was having cramps bad enough to miss work, and my cycle was about 14 days, so I asked my doctor about birth control and got prescribed this. Weeks later, I started spotting on a Saturday, so the next day I took my first pill. Besides some breast tenderness and bloating, nothing was abnormal and things seemed good for a few days. Then I started to get bad. Never mind the fact that I have just about every menstrual symptom ever, ones I haven't had in years --- I've been cramping for 3 days straight. Worse than the ones I was having before. I took placebo pill #2 this morning, but I'm still bleeding and cramping, with all other symptoms. It's a miracle I haven't thrown up or passed out yet.

My question is: is this normal for when you first start the pill and should I give it some time, or should I go see my doctor ASAP?

I'm in my early 20s and have never been pregnant...