WHAT TO DO IF YOU MISS PILLS
If you MISS 3 OR MORE blue "active" pills in a row (during the first 3 weeks):
1. If you are a Sunday Starter:
Keep taking 1 pill every day until Sunday. On Sunday, THROW OUT he rest of the pack and start a new pack of pills that same day.
If you are a Day 1 Starter:
THROW OUT the rest of the pill pack and start a new pack that same day.
2. You may not have your period this month but this is expected. However, if you miss your period 2 months in a row, call your doctor or clinic because you might be pregnant.
3. You MAY BECOME PREGNANT if you have sex in the 7 days after you miss pills. You MUST use another birth control method (such as condoms, foam, or sponge) as a back-up method for those 7 days.
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen Information for Consumers
- Ortho Tri-Cyclen Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ortho Tri-Cyclen (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 4 Jan 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 24 Sep 2013 • 1 answer
Ortho Tri-Cyclen - I have been on ortho tri cyclen lo for years now, I have never skipped any pills?
Posted 27 May 2014 • 1 answer
Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo - Can you skip the green pills and start taking a new pack in order to skip your
Posted 24 Jun 2014 • 2 answers
Posted 7 Aug 2014 • 1 answer