... How can I ever get over his lies? I am so alone and scared. He has been taking pills and drinking since he was about 15, so about 15 years. He is at a detox center right now for 5 more days. I hope he chooses to go to an inpatient addiction place when he gets out. He broke the only law of our marriage... dont lie! He has been lying to me about the stupid Vicoden for months. And for years I haven't been asking him how many he is taking. Now lately he fades out while we (his family) are talking to him, slurs his words and acts defensive, tells me its me... then acts like a complete as*hole. I guess my only question is can he get better? Is there a chance for him? I am so broken from all of this. I now sit by myself in the house we just bought; crying and fearful of the future. I know he is taking the steps. He admits his problem, he is at a detox center...
I am so lost, angry, hurt, alone, scared, confused, dazed... I just need some kind words to help me through this crazy time.
Lisa