Opana ER - what the difference from opana 40mg nucynta 75 mg?

mpvt 30 Sep 2009

Opana is an extremely powerful opiate and has somewhere around 6-10 times the pain killing strength of Tapentadol (Trade name Nucynta) is a centrally-acting analgesic with a unique dual mode of action as an agonist at the μ-opioid receptor and as a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor.[2] It is considered to have a potency between tramadol and morphine.[3]. Tapentadol is a new molecular entity that is strucurally similar to tramadol (Ultram) It has opioid and nonopioid acitivity in a single compound. Hope this helps ... Dave

Also the ER means extended release so it should be taken every 12 hours unless directed differently..Be careful as this is not vicodin... Dave

daddy01 22 Aug 2010

Hello..
I wanted to let you know the very first thing about taking your dose 'Opana ER, especially in the morning( Your 1st of the day). I don't know if your doctor told you, or your pharmacist, however take your 1st tablet on an empty stomach. I was also told to make sure there's a minimum of 2 hours of not eating before my second dose, and not to eat at-least an hour or 2 after my 2nd dose. So, basically not to eat until the medicine has had enough time to dissolve and letting the 'Hydromorphone hydrochloride' get to the area's it's needed to have complete results of this wonderful real pain med.
I don't believe that you gave a description of what you're being prescribed it for, or what doses that your doctor has you on?
The medicine is VERY EXPENSIVE for there is no generic. I cant remember how long it takes for a 'Brand Name' medicine to be able to keep their patent for the active ingredient? How in the world they expect people without insurance to be able to afford it is beyond me???
Anyway, I hope this helped out a little and if you have any other questions about my experience with this medicine, or anything else just let me know. I have been on every type of pain med to man,,lol... it's really crazy because my whole spine is just a nightmare from being rear-ended as a passenger in a car and was hit at a dead stop at a stop light and they hit us without realizing we were even there, so they never hit the brakes, just us! They hit us at a speed of 60 mph,,and knocked us 15 feet into the back of a semi-trailor. I had to be cut out of the car, and I was unconsience till I awoke at the hospital. This accident happened 7 years ago now, and until 'Opana' I always felt some pain, enough to make my blood pressure raise to dangerous levels until this medicine. I am now on 3 of the 40-mg ER's and 1 of the 10-mg IR's @4 times daily, I absolutely use to dread going to bed, or especially waking up. With 'opana' I can get out of my bed without feeling like i'm so brittle that I could just SCREAM!!!
I hope it works as well for you! Take care of yourself because nobody else will do it for you! I finally found that out,,lmao... Dale

oxyaaron 30 Sep 2010

hydromorphone is dilaudid oxymorphone is opana

1Carlilje 13 Sep 2011

I just started taking Opana ER and "daddy01" is right when he said it only works when you are very careful about your diet.

blkbrd 3 Jul 2013

For Opana ER you can apply to Endo Pharmaceutical for their patient assistance program & they will mail it to you for free.