Does opana 30mg have valium or xanax in it?

chuck1957 11 Nov 2015

Opana (oxymorphone) is an opioid pain medication. An opioid is sometimes called a narcotic.NO TYPE OF Benzodiazepine in here at all Chuck1957

DudeInTex 11 Nov 2015

As mentioned in the above answer, there is no Valium, Xanax or any other type of benzodiazepines in Opana. However, there can be similar effects. Drowsiness, dizziness, slurred speech and the like can be noticed in both opioids and benzodiazepines. Many doctors prefer not to prescribe a benzo if you are on an opioid and visa versa. My PM doc said the FDA and insurance companies have been discouraging docs from mixing them. I had been taking a Valium at bedtime due to insomnia but she took me off the Valium. She said she could give me Valium but could not give me Opana. So I stuck with the Opana and dropped the Valium because my pain would go through the roof and wouldn't be able to sleep anyway. So she gave me a muscle relaxer to take at bedtime. It's worked out fine for me.