2 1/2 year old taking 120 MI, Brovex PEB Liquid DM, 3 ML every 4 to 6 hours. Might have gotten wrong dose. Mother was taking the same,but with the dose of 240 ml, 1 to 2 Teaspoons every 4 to 6 hours, for cough and congestion. The baby took the meds for about 4 days. My question is: Could this medicine have cause the baby to have seizures with-in that amount of time, and since he was taken off this medicine right after having the seizure, will they ever stop. It started in November and here it is July and he still has seizures, and is under a doctors care. They said the Medicine would not have caused the seizures, but everything I have read about this medication, says yes it could have caused seizures. There is another name for this medication: Brompheiramine.
If the baby was given the mothers dose instead of his, is this what could have happened? . Please help with an answer, I need to be able to help this baby. By finding out if it was the medication, others need to be warned.