On suboxone, no ins, so expensive,can I switch to Subutex?

oktoday 30 Jan 2010

if your doctor allow you too and you shouldnt have any problems switching. I know its expensive but isnt the subutex just as expensive. I never looked at the price of it. let me know. Also i believe their is a generic coming out real soon and you may want to look at that.One other thing is what is your dose. some people and i say some have been able to stretch their dose by taking it every other day because of the half life. I am not telling you to do this but people do take it every other day because of the long half life for same reasons its just so expensive. if i didnt have insurance it would cost alot. another option and many people dont know this the cost say of 30 2mg of subs is $90 That same script for 8mg 30 pills and just about $10 higher,ask your pharmacist i have seen this numerous times its the quantity not the dosage alot of times that makes the difference. I have had doctors(not for suboxone) write me higher doses because they know i can get a 3 month supply out of one script if they writer a higher dosage and the pills can be cut. look into that but subs might be harder because its a narc and docs dont like doing that with those. Good luck

sean27 9 Feb 2010

About 6 months ago I switched from box to bupe. I can not stress enough the difference of thses drugs. When naloxone is fused with bupe it forms a synergy that chemically alters the way bupe would normally effect you. The naloxone they put in box is and was never meant to be ingested day in and day out. After using for a prolonged period of time it starts to deplete your natural serotonin and dopamine levels in your brain. Now a generic form of subutex is offered and is a fraction of what the benkiser cartel charges for box. Tell your doctor you want to switch to bupe if he refuses there are now many sub docs out there find another one. The doc I have been seeing told me that the benkiser reps came into his office and told him that generic sub was only to be administered in an inpatient setting. This is bullshit and cannot be controlled it is the pharmacy that will give you generic if you ask for it. Everyone go to generic sub! The benkiser cartel has been mercilessly breaking our banks for to long now.