Omeprazole seems to block absorption of Adderall XR..Anybody found a way around... no xr? higher mg?

Anonymous 22 Feb 2010

Well, I take, Nexium and Adderall and Crestor and Levothyroxin and Claritin D 24 , daily,, there are some funky side effects to them all, but the drugs seem to work well together, but with adderall there are side effects I do not understand, like supposedly falling asleep when the drug is suppose to keep me awake

Anonymous 1 Jan 2012

Hello imiseyko. I'm not a doctor, just a layman but I'd first try a higher dose since you think the omeprazole is blocking the adderall. If you went to the XR, that would only spread the adderall over an even say 10 hour period. I'd go to the higher dose and it might do the trick so to speak. Best of wishes,pledge