What will omeprazole help me with?

wandaer 23 Feb 2013

Acid Reflux

cassy1997 23 Feb 2013

will it work or do i really have to take it?

Tee6759 23 Feb 2013

Omeprazole is designed to help with acid reflux, GERD, and other gastrointestinal issues. I have gastroparesis which is a condition where the stomach ceases to function. It is very effective for my conditions. If your doctor suggested this medicine, he/she has good reason to believe this drug will help you feel much better. Im only speaking from personal experiences. I hope this helps. Good luck with your decisions.
In peace,
Tee

endlessPred 24 Feb 2013

Omeprazole is usually for two weeks when taken as over the counter. if symptoms don't go away, see a doctor. It should help.

If prescribed, follow the doctors orders.

AquariusAnneCA 24 Feb 2013

Omeprazole can also be used for HPylori, which is an infection, taken along with an antibiotic for 2 weeks. Some people such as myself continued taking Omeprazole due to the acid in my esophagus that caused heartburn. Helps stop the production of acid which ceases the hearburn and other GERD problems. I took it for many years, which is not good but have weaned myself off of it and am on Zantac.
You have not stated why you were prescribed Omeprazole.
AquariusAnneCA