Can Nystatin and Triamcinolone Acetonide cream be applird to the face?

kaismama 4 Feb 2013

Nystatin can be. Triamcinolone is not a good idea unless a dermatologist has told you to, cortisone preparations to the face can be harmful to the skin.

PoisonAlice 6 Feb 2013

I used triamcinalone lotion on my face when my psoriasis broke out bad and had no problem. I've since been switched to Aclovate, but while the triamcinilone still worked (I hate the fact that I build tolerances so quick!), I had no issues with using it on my face. This was the lotion though, so perhaps there's a difference there. Also, I only used it when I had bad breakouts, and for only as long as I needed to get rid of it, so I wasn't using it on a regular basis. It's always best to talk to the prescribing doctor, but if you're careful about it, and don't get it near the eyes and mouth, and use it sparingly, it shouldn't be too bad using it on the face.