chuck1957 20 Oct 2015

Sphynxxx; YES this medication can not only affect current depression but also cause it. And say to talk to doctor before taking Nuvigil for depression or any mental health problem so please call your doctor and make sure you should take it. Here is the paste from the drug side effects. ((((Stop using Provigil and call your doctor at once if you have:

depression, anxiety, suicidal thoughts or actions;
hallucinations, unusual thoughts or behavior, aggression, being more active or talkative than usual; THOSE ARE THE SIDE EFFECTS PLEASE CHECK WITH YOUR doctor as soon as possible. Have a good day. Chuck1957

LaurieShay 21 Oct 2015

It can help with depression, also, as it works on the brain chemical dopamine. It has helped my symptoms of depression immensely.

rludwick 17 May 2017

Ir does work on yoir dopamine receptors by blocking the reuptake and increasing the amount of dopamine in your system. However, it does not increase the production of dopamine so decline or improvement would depend on an individual's personal neurotransmitter functions.

davetrindle 2 Dec 2016

Yes, in my case it is the only drug that really reduces depression, makes me happier, friendlier, and talkative.

Janiegirl 8 Dec 2016

I agree, this has helped my depression. It also keeps you from wanting to stay in bed all day. It helps you accomplish what you have set out to do.