I have been on Fluoxetine for 3 years, and it eased the depression and anxiety quite a bit, but not enough. So they put me on Buspirone 10mg 3 times daily as needed, and that did not help whatsoever. I went back today to speak with the NP and she had me quit the Buspar but told me to keep taking Fluoxetine with the same dose and prescribed Celexa (well, the generic form) 20mg along with the 60mg of Fluoxetine. The pharmacist said these two medications are normally not prescribed together, but because the one is a low dose it would be ok, just to keep an eye on any side effects. The NP did say to come back in two weeks and if this doesn't work she will prescribe a different medication entirely and probably scrap the Fluoxetine, as well.

Is this serious? I don't know what to do, I don't want to OD on anything, but something has to be done, I can't take any more of this depression/anxiety.