Nortriptyline - If it works just as good as a pain medication why is it not a schedule 2 drug?

kaismama 26 Jul 2015

Obviously you have no idea what the schedule is. Its for addicting drugs, like opiates and benzos. Nortriptyline is an antidepressant is not addicting.

TTJ78 5 Aug 2015

So u have to be rude because I dnt?? Ive never really been on alot of prescribed meds before so sorry u might be on all kinds that u know the schedules... have a great day! Thanks for the info by the way!!

TTJ78 5 Aug 2015

Kayvangale 5 Aug 2015

Nortriptyline is a anti-seizure med its for headaches to help with the pain in a different way then pain meds. It is used to treat the pain you would get such as a headache in the brain but its not a schedule 2 narcotic. It does work and has a good track record to help people that are suffering with a variety of brain ailments. There are many ways to treat pain other than schedule 2 narcotics. It is also used or was mainly for depression but doctors have found it effective for other ailments as I have mentioned above. It is contraindicated to take 2 weeks before surgery, check with your doctor to see if this is the best medicine for you.

TTJ78 5 Aug 2015

My dr prescribed this to me for my back, I have bulges and arthritis. He says it should help with pain. Thank you for answering this for me!