I was first prescribed this medication for tension headaches. It worked like a charm for 3 years at a low does of 30mg. Recently, I was treated for depression and I worked with a doctor to increase the medication to 75mg.

I am now wondering if anyone has experienced severe muscle tension while on Nortriptyline? I am almost 50 and have been working out intensely for most of my life. I never had an issue besides old injuries here and there. I have been taking 75mg of Nortriptyline and now am having muscle issues that are keeping me from working out. The muscles seem to get so tense that they pull on the joints, making it difficult to move without pain. I can't workout the way I used to (since I've been on the higher dose for 6 mos) Walking and going up and down stairs are now diffuclt and painful and I feel like I have aged 40 years. I am in the process of weaning off the meds but wondered if anyone else had any similar experiences? It has completely messed up my workout routine. I have been forced to do yoga which is fine and helpful but I'd like to get back to the intensity of sports I have always loved. (CrossFit, running, cycling)