Is it normal for pain to increase severely in the first week if taking lyrica?

PepperM 6 Apr 2015

For some people yes. I still hurt quite often while taking lyrica
for my fibromyalgia. Increased pain is a common side effect. If it continues to get worse talk to your doctor.

d49 7 Apr 2015

Ty so much for the info. I am going to quit taking it as it makes no sense to put myself through more pain to treat pain... :(

balbanese 7 Apr 2015

Yes, first 2-3 weeks are adjustment period, for some it's longer. Keep the dose the same and keep your Dr informed.

d49 7 Apr 2015

Ty :)

balbanese 7 Apr 2015

Any time.

bruthd 7 Apr 2015

Look up possible side effects. I did not have that reaction when I took Lyrica several years ago. Other side effects made me stop taking it. Good luck

pamee 7 Apr 2015

Sometimes for some folks it does, but it should start helping soon. Give a little more time

Seaboy 22 Aug 2017

It did when I first started. I told my dr lyrica intensify my pain and stop taking it. But later on when I took it again I started to feel it actually help my pain.