Hi. My boyfriend and I had unprotected sex last July 26, at around 4:30 pm, but we made sure that his penis was dry without pre-ejaculation/ pre-cum. Then we used the withdrawal method, meaning when he felt like ejaculating, he removed his penis from my vagina and jerked himself off so he could ejaculate away from my vagina. So he did not ejaculate inside me.

After 9-10 hours of having unprotected sex, at around 2am, I took 4 pills of Nordette as emergency contraceptive pills. Then after 12 hours, at around 1:40 pm, I took the second dosage/ 4 more pills of Nordette so that I won't get pregnant.

Am I safe from getting pregnant? Is Nordette really effective? I usually have protected sex/ use a condom, this is the first time I had unprotected sex so I promise I will not have unprotected sex again until I get married. I also do not want to get pregnant yet so I need to make sure that Nordette is effective and safe. I have already also felt the side effects of Nordette, like nausea, headaches, cramps, and the feeling of wanting to vomit.