I've been taking 4pills per day of hydrocone asap 500 EVERYDAY for about 1 1/2 years now. My doctors' mother died last week the day before my monthly scheduled RX appointment, so his nurse called me to cancel. I had a few extra pills on hand, so I took full dose (4 pills) for a few days, then took half dose (2 pills) for a few days, and then I was out. Today is Friday, and this is my 3rd or 4th day without taking any pills. When I go to see my doctor on Monday, it will be one week pill-free. Besides my chronic neck pain coming back, my stomach has kind of been in knots, but is feeling better today. Aside from that, I haven't really had any serious withdraw symptoms.

I mention this not to brag, but because I want to say thanks to everyone on this forum for letting me know how serious these medications are.

I thought since I was taking the recommended dosage, these pills were totally safe. Now I'm not sure. They do provide me pain relief and a sense of well-being, but is it worth it? Thanks for your responses. I wish everyone here the best of luck!