Niazapan 500 mg what is this for?

Anonymous 12 Jul 2010

Could it be niaspan, please recheck the spelling. But you do have to get back to me with the right spelling of the medication... Ok. By the way I am not a doctor. If it is niaspan I will try to do my best... Nothing by the name you gave I know of. If it is not niaspan, all this information is completely useless to you. And should not be used at all.

Generic name: niacin
Brand name: niaspan

preparations: tablets: 250, 500, 750, and 1000 mg. Capsules: 250 and 500 mg

prescribed for: Niaspan (niacin) is used for treating niacin deficiency. It is also used for reducing elevated blood cholesterol and triglyceride levels and increasing hdl cholesterol. In patients with high cholesterol, coronary artery disease that increase the risk of heart attacks, niacin reduces the risk of heart attacks, and slows progression or promotes regression of coronary artery disease.

Again do check the spelling please, you do not want to get it wrong when it comes to delicate matters such as medications.