Niaspan - Has anyone noticed morning grogginess/confusion?

Anonymous 8 Feb 2013

Hello, Luke01, I have very high cholesterol and triglycerides and was prescribed Niaspan, on top of the other med. to get them down. I do know, and I've been on it in the past too, that it causes Flushing. You can look up the symptoms of flushing. It's a little hard for me to describe. Like a tingling feeling, and hotish feeling. My Dr. Told me to take it at night time so it wouldn't,t be as noticeable in the morning. I don't know if you've felt like that, but that's been my experience, but, I don't think I've experienced the other. I hope this has helped a little anyways. Good luck, and give your doctor a quick call if it is really bothersome, and see what he/she thinks. Best of luck to you. Ruthie

pamee 8 Feb 2013

Hello Ruthie, I am not familiar with Niaspan so I was curious if it is a time release pill?

Anonymous 8 Feb 2013

Hey Pamee doll. We need to catch up big time girlfriend. You know it. lol. Yes, it is. I take Niaspan ER 500mgs to answer your question. Will hear from you soon, or look out. Ha Ha

pamee 8 Feb 2013

Yes we sure do darlin catch up big time!! Thank you hon... may you have a blessed day!! your friend pamee