About 3years ago I got Mirena inserted and all was fine and working properly for about 2 years. My body then expelled it. We replaced it with another one and it was expelled once again (along with 3 months of continuous bleeding and severe cramps). Looking for a long term birth control I decided to get Nexplanon because of the issues with Mirena. I continued to have continuous bleeding for 3-4 months and it was beginning to affect my everyday life. I was tired, moody and constantly in pain. I asked to have it removed and they put me on birth control pills for 3 months in addition to the nexplanon to regulate my cycle. By the end of the three months it was back to normal. I have now been off the pill for 3-4 months and I've currently been bleeding for 4 1/2 weeks.
I have two questions:
Based on my history is it best to get the nexplanon removed? I feel as though my body is rejecting it.
Would it be safe to take the pill every day for a log period of time in addition to the nexplanon? I am worried that it may have too many hormones when taken together that may cause long term issues.