Nexium - Can I stop taking this once my oesophagus is healed and how long does it take?

chuck1957 26 Feb 2017

Paul, The time to heal depends on how severe your condition you would have to check with your doctor about how long they want you on it. And at that time you can just stop it and use something for on as needed basis if you do need something from time to time. Seems like once we have stomach etc problems it is a chronic thing but not where you have to take the pills all the time you could use something milder. So you should talk to your doctor and if you still have a question ask your Pharmacist. and as him or her when you're done if you need something from time to time which one do they sell that is the fastest acting. good luck Chuck1957