I am newly diagnosed with copd and was wondering what people thought of the Spiriva and Xopenex?

GramDenise 11 Sep 2015

I was diagnosed about 8 years ago, I'm 52 now. My Dr put me on Spiriva first thing. I've never tried Xopenex. I've been seeing a Pulmonologist for about 5 years now and out of all the prescriptions I take, I know Spriva works the best for me. A few years ago I thought Spriva really wasn't making a difference so I quit using it for a few weeks, I just used my other COPD medications. My breathing was so bad, gasping for breath, etc. I truly thought it was the end for me. I went back on my Spiriva and felt alive again after only a few days! I know everyone is different but for me Spiriva has been amazing.

blaaccypher 11 Sep 2015

I have been on Symbicort and Albuterol and both have made my heart race and made me light headed. My Pulmonary Dr took me off both. Did you have any side effects with the Spiriva? Also, are you on the Respimat or the Redi-Haler?

Thank you for replying,
I am new to this site

Libbymac 12 Dec 2015

I also have copd and my doctor put me on spiriva and it works well for me. I have been on it for a couple of years now.