Hi all

I was talking to my sub doctor, yesterday, about my therapist, and how talkative she is. He said, if we don't 'connect', I will be able to get another therapist. That is good news. I don't know how long I'd have to wait for a new one, if this one doesn't work out.
I said I'd give her at least one more chance. I will tell her how I feel. I won't be nasty about it, I don't think that is necessary. I hope it doesn't come down to this. Apparently, according to my doctor, most people do like her. I'll see how it goes.
When she was talking about goals, she meant even small goals. I guess she wants to help me with my mind set and start thinking in terms of making daily goals, whatever they be.

One of my goals for today is to smoke no more than three cigarettes.
In the past 10 days, I have managed to smoke no more than three cigarettes on any given day, with most days smoking only two.
I am making my goal for tomorrow to smoke no more than two cigarettes.

I believe I am in the mind set to do this, now. With this great cut down of smoking I can already feel it in my lungs, like when I have to run for a bus or climb stairs, I am not as winded. It feels good!

There is much talk in the media lately about smoking and there are new campaigns coming out in Canada and the States. They'll be attacking this issue in at least two ways. One is to show what can happen should one continue to smoke or think about starting to smoke. The other is to show the up side of how good one can feel after slowing down and stopping.
I do want this to be a thing of the past. I am tired of how I feel and how I smell after a cigarette. Now, when I am not smoking, which is most of the day, and I smell people who are or who have just smoked. I find the smell quite offensive.

Here's to one day at a time!