Hi group,

Today is the end of week 1 taking Sertraline and Klonopin in the aforementioned doses. I was diagnosed with PTSD, PMDD and depression and will begin weekly therapy later this month.

My questions are more around what I am personally experiencing on both these drugs. So far, granted only 1 week in, I am feeling far less anxious with no intrusive thoughts or OCD tendencies. If I feel a panic attack coming on, I'm far more capable of taking a breath and riding that "wave" and letting it pass. I feel a bit detached from things, but that's far better than feeling anxious and obsessive 24/7.

I am definitely experiencing brain fog to the max. I have been taking the Sertraline in the morning along with the first .5mg dose of Klonopin. I take the second .5mg Klonopin about an hour before I go to bed so that I'm calm and collected when I go to sleep. Social interactions have become easier for me and I don't feel the rage I used to (e.g. when someone cuts me of in traffic).

How long does it take before that brain fog lifts? I normally wake up at 4am, but I feel dragged out. My body really wants to be in bed by 8pm at the latest and I have no trouble falling asleep at all and staying asleep through the night. I have an appt. with my PCP later this month to assess dosage of each drug. I'm hoping she will keep me on Klonopin as it's really, really helping with the anxiety portion I feel. In three months, I am going to be facing a re-visiting of an extremely traumatic event in my life and I don't want to go back to how I used to be. I am also working on my diet and getting back to things that make me happy.

I was at a point where I was neglecting everything aspect of my life from my job to my house to my health because I didn't care. Whether it's just a placebo effect at this point or not, I am thankful to my PCP for listening to me and trying to help how she can.