Will my new psychiatrist change my medication that I'm current taking?

WildcatVet 26 Nov 2018

Hi, Shawn! It all depends on whether you feel your current medications are working well for you and controlling your symptoms. If they are, your new psychiatrist may not change them but if you're still struggling chances are she/he may have some suggestions for medications that will be more effective for you.
The key will be for you to be very open and honest about your history and how you feel you are currently doing. Don't be afraid to talk with your doctor and don't be surprised if she/he makes suggestions as to how you can feel better.
Best regards and good luck to you! Wildcat

Shawn24 26 Nov 2018

Yes I'm doing well on my current medical eating better and getting along well with others when I'm on them

WildcatVet 26 Nov 2018

Good to hear that!

Nitro061 28 Nov 2018

I’d recommend writing down all your medications and making sure the doctor knows which, how long, and how they help you.
I would not be afraid to voice your concerns about saying yes to any other medications he / she prescribed.