I am 43 yr old female and for most of my life, up until a few months ago, I used to say one of my hobbies was sleeping! I loved to sleep and could sleep anytime, anywhere! I love to sleep! But starting a few months ago, I started getting up about 1-1/2 hours after going to sleep. I seem to fall asleep okay, but cannot stay asleep. In the past I have taken ambien when I was stressed or had super high anxiety. However, just in the last few months when I take ambien, I start sleepwalking and doing stuff in my sleep. And then I will wake up and be wide-awake for several hours or the whole rest of the morning. This is sooo not like me, like I said, I always slept really good in the past. I've tried other sleep meds, lets see if I can remember them... silenor, trazadone, vilestor (?), and a couple others.
A little bit about what has been going on this year... we filed bankrupcty in February and it dragged on for several months while I attempted to find all the paperwork needed, I was so stressed out and depressed. I have been on SSDI for about a year now due to fibromyalgia, arthritis, and mental illness (major depression, anxiety, panic attack with agoraphobia, ocd, borderline personality disorder, and maybe a few other diagnoses I'm forgetting). I used to be able to take a 3-4 hour nap during the day, then turn around and sleep all night long with no problems at all.
I'm just beside myself with going on lack of sleep. I feel horrible - it feels horrible to not get the sleep I am used to. Oh yeah, when I do get up about 1-1/2 hr after going to bed, I will sit at the dining room table and watch tv for hours on end, and usually nod off or fall completely asleep sitting up. But then if I try to go to bed and sleep, I'm back up in a 1/2 hr or so sitting at the table again. Oh and I usually do not remember going back out to the table, I will like wake up sitting there! Isnt that so weird??
Help!!! Anyone have any ideas??? Thank you so much and so sorry this post was so dreadfully long!!