Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome - Is lithium a neuroleptic?

WildcatVet 3 Jul 2014

Hi, j! No, lithium is a mood stabilizer. The neuroleptics are the antipsychotic medications such as Abilify, Seroquel, Zyprexa, Saphris, and such.
Best wishes, WCV

Dawnybean64 26 May 2018

R u an health professional? I beg to differ unless the classification has changed it’s still is but classified under mis. Neuroleptic it just that it’s old school and I’m kinda sure it is too.
Correct me if I’m wrong with documentation or anything

masso 26 May 2018

Who are you, inspector gadget???

Why do´nt you answer the question instead of judging... we do not judge here, a Q is asked and it is answered as simple as that, with accurate answers by members.

masso 3 Jul 2014

Lithium is used in the treatment of bipolar disorder; borderline personality disorder; schizoaffective disorder; depression; mania (and more), and belongs to the drug class miscellaneous antipsychotic agents.

more: https://www.drugs.com/lithium.html

Dawnybean64 26 May 2018

Agreement
But is this site professionals or just patients? Cause WIDE and very outta text book cold description for me

masso 26 May 2018

Listen, I am 50 y/o I suffer from bipolar disorder I took lithium for 10 bloody years, I have been on this site for 5 years and answered over 5700 questions, who are you? who gives you the right to question me???
You are very nosy and judgemental, I do´nt Know you, but I already do not like your ATTITUDE. Instead of questioning , you should be helping others, if not I strongly suggest you leave us alone, and leave our site.

kaismama 3 Jul 2014

To carry on, it isn't in the class of antipsychotics that are considered neuroleptics. Neuroleptic is an old term and is seldom used anymore to refer to meds.