Nephrotic Syndrome - is there any other medicine other then predisone I cant stand the side effects?

endlessPred 20 Jul 2012

Hello Beyourself. I am not certain how much prednisone you are taking. Yes, there are many side effects. I have been on it over seven years anywhere from fifteen (lowest I have weaned down to) and as high as 80. Mostly between twenty and forty these past couple years.

it is the onlly thing keeping me alive. I am on tacrolimus to spare higher doses. But will never be able to get off it because it protects my lungs. So I have adjusted. Considering the alternative and I have done all kinds of experimental meds to reduce its use, I can only adjust my life.

so what are you going through and how can I help? Karen

Anonymous 20 Jul 2012

Hello beyourself. Prograf (Tacrolimus) has been used off label to treat Nephrotic Syndrome. It does carry its side effects. You might ask your doctor what she/he might think about using this drug. Best of wishes and health to you, pledge