Hi is naproxen good for my back pain?

mfpdfibro 1 Jan 2017

If your back pain is due to some type of inflammation. Its up there with the other NSAID's. Personally for me it does not work, but it very well may for you and I believe that you should start off with the over the counter medications before you delve into a pain clinic and start that whole process. Have you gotten any x-Rays to determine what is causing it. Is it bone or muscle?

Windchimes123 1 Jan 2017

Hi Terrence,
Yes it's usually the first drug of choice for back pain. Back pain is usually caused by arthritis (inflammation) or from an injury (inflammation).
Don't take it on an empty stomach, peptic ulcers or a bleeding disorder.
If you have sciatica with pain or numbness going down your leg, they may choose one specifically for nerve pain.
Go have your X-rays. Be prepared to be overwhelmed because no one has a normal spine over the age of 40. Lol
Good luck
:-)