... factual and brief as possible.) She is not taking any medication for anything except the Verapamil as noted herein. The attacks or episodes now occur about once a month and usually last 20 to 30 minutes but can last for an hour or two. She has been prescribed Verapamil ER 240 mg, quantity 12, instructions are to "Take 1 Tablet by mouth every day". Obviously 12 tablets will last 12 days. The doctor said the best thing to do when she has an attack is to cough, gag, putting your face in ice-cold water, or do something that shocks your body, We have tried all of these and more. It has worked 2 or 3 times but usually does not have any results.

She has taken the Verapamil during an episode, but no results. Usually the Tach just stops without reason, the same as it started.

We are about 45 minutes from a hospital that is called the "House of Death" so if we need emergency care we are 90 minutes away a real hospital. Her attacks are not accompanied by feeling dizzy, faint, short of breath, or chest pain.

She has apparently reached a point, after all of these years, where I believe, she is frightened by the attack. She happened to be close to the good hospital when she had an attack a couple of years ago and was given a "Channel Blocker" through an IV and the Tach stopped within seconds.

I have found references, on the Internet, to "fast acting medication" which states:
"The fast-acting brands (Calan and Isoptin) are taken for angina (chest pain due to clogged cardiac arteries), as well as irregular heartbeat and high blood pressure". --- (it dosen't actually say that Calan and Isoptin are for "use during an attack" or as a "preventative medication".) I understand that the ER and SR are for daily and preventative use.

ADDED: She has no other health issues.

QUESTION: Do these fast acting versions of Verapamil help stop the Tach episode? What are her options? I look forward to your comments