My little brother took a xanax. How long until pass tox scrn. got mixed opins he expects me to know?

midwestma 30 Dec 2010

MarkDuke,
May I ask how old is your "little brother"? And why would he be taking Xanax, much less worring about a tox screen? No one should be taking this medication unless you're under the care of a physicain, it's very addidctive, and it is not a drug you can take and the suddenly stop it, you can have severe seizures and other side effects with this sort of bezodiapine, Xanax is fast acting and leaves the body just as quick. Depending on his metabolism, it could take anywhere from three to seven days before it does not show up on a tox screen. You can purshase an over the counter drug screen test, and give that a try, and see if this benzo showes up in the test. I'm sorry I don't have a more specific answer for you, however if you care for your little brother try to convince him to stay away from this drug, it is addicitve, dangeous, and should only be used under a doctors care, my best to you and your brother. Please check back and let us know how he is doing. Bless you both! (((hugs)))midwestma