My father is at the stage where he is needing a commode, where do I get one, do you buy or rent?

carolyn17603 4 May 2010

you can buy them at your pharmacy or any place that sells medical devices

stages 4 May 2010

thanks Carolyn, I will check these places out

marjorie zych 4 May 2010

Yes you can buy them in most any pharmacy. If your father has Medicare they will help pay for one if you get a doctors note saying he needs it. I have had to do it with my grandma. You can't rent them as far as I know because of hygeine reasons. Try the insurance route (if he has some) first to save you some money if not then you can check your local pharmacy. Hope this helps guide you and good luck to you and your dad. You are a good person for trying to help him.

stages 4 May 2010

thanks Marjorie, I wouldn't have thought to see if his medical would help to pay for this expense ... good suggestion ... Thanks for your encouragement :)