My Dr had me on 4 oxycodone 10/650 per day then he stopped insurance now I have to find another dr?

CrystalC_InThe_813 11 Dec 2010

how long have you been getting that medication prescribed? and did your dr decide not to prescribe it anymore or your insurance wont cover it? if you have a genuine need for a regular prescription of narcotic painkillers, you usually have to find a pain management dr and take them an up to date mri to document your need for narcotic pain medication, as well as a printout from the pharmacy(or pharmacies)where you have been getting your percs filled, the pain drs usually want 6 months printout. most pain management drs dont accept insurance so you have to pay cash every 28 days, (and they always drug test on the first visit, usually costs between $30-$50) the first visit (in my town) averages $300 and follow ups anywhere from $100-$175. you pay that cash every month, and if no insurance, the pharmacies arent cheap either. primary care drs and emergency rooms cannot, by law, treat chronic pain, so if your dr stopped writing that script,go to pain management but if you go you lose your soul to pills, its a trap