My doctor put me on Deplin by itself to help with menopause. By itself does it help?

Marvell 19 Dec 2010

I'm not sure about Deplin being used in menopause so can't really comment on whether it'll be sufficient on it's own.

Deplin (l-methylfolate) is a form of B vitamin that occurs naturally in many foods. Folic acid is the man-made form of folate that is added to processed foods or vitamin and mineral supplements. Folate is needed in the human body for production of red blood cells.

A lack (deficiency) of folate in the human body can be caused by certain diseases, by taking certain medications, or by not getting enough folate in your diet. Folate deficiency can lead to decreased red blood cells, or anemia.

L-methylfolate is a medical food for use in people who have conditions related to folate deficiency.

I guess it'll depend on if your symptoms are controlled with this ... if they aren't then you will need other medicines perhaps.

https://www.drugs.com/mtm/deplin.html