My doctor prescribed me LIsinopril while brestfeeding . Is it safe ? I am using it for 3mos now?

Rajive Goel 8 Sep 2011

Lisinopril does not report any side effects while brestfeeding, since you doc precribed the med, he/she would have known the effects to be safe so he/she precribed the med.

Take care, wish you & your baby well.

HPoole 8 Sep 2011

Lisinopril is THE WORST blood pressure med out there. Causes severe side effects that do not even show up until sometimes months, while on the medication. causes severe coughing fits... I do not believe that group of drugs that Lisinopril is in is safe for use during pregnancy or while breastfeeding. There is always a chance for the medication to pass through in breastmilk. Breastfeeding or not--in general it is over prescribed and doctors do not warn patients about possible side effects because not even they know all of them. Get off of that med though! switch right away!