Skip to Content

My doctor has just confirmed I have periphial neuropathy. Just it usually progress?

Responses (1)

Rajive Goel 11 Jun 2010

What is that you are trying to ask, I could help as I too have this problem, thanks

ronplenderleith 11 Jun 2010

Sorry please disregard the word "Just" it should have read DOES. I have the pain in my feet and legs

Rajive Goel 11 Jun 2010

Yes, please ask you doc to prescribe a good diuretic, peripheral neuropathy is also called edema, in simple words it is 'water retention' in the tissues, hope this helps & have been able to answer your question?

ronplenderleith 11 Jun 2010

Sorry Rajive I am afraid Periphial Neurophathy is nothing to do with water retention it is a wasting of the nerve ends.

roses2 11 Jun 2010

Hi Rajive... yes ,it is a progressive wasting of the nerves .I have it in my legs and feet, due to Sjogrens Syndrome.I used to take Neurontin..gained lots of weight... then I took Topamax..lost the weight! Now I just take pain meds and stay off my feet as much as possible.

ronplenderleith 11 Jun 2010

Hi Rajive, many thanks for your reply. I have been prescribed Neurontin. I hope I do not gain weight, but only time will tell.

Good luck to you and I hope you are able to control the pain.



Rajive Goel 12 Jun 2010

Thanks for the information, I think I need to take a second opinion and see a neurologist ASAP, thanks a lot for appraising me, keep well Ron.

eclif 26 Jun 2010

I have had PN for almost 40 years now, it started when I was in my 20's and has graduly gotten worse over the years, It damages the nerves and strips them of the coating on them, I have it in my feet,legs and hands. I have found that what helped the most for the nerve pain was Cymbalta 60mg. I also take Percocet for pain. I have a real bad back to go with it. Hope you find a good Doc that will use the treatments available for PN. It is kind of a long progress to find what works best for each individual. Good Luck. free discount card

Search for questions

Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.

Similar Questions