My ankle is starting to cause arthiritis, what should I take for pain since tylenol isn't working?

Delila 14 Jun 2011

Hi my mother takes diclofenac for her arthritis pain and says it works well. She also has injections once in a while, cortisone i think.I would recommend you start taking glucosamine supplements, they work wonders for arthritis if taken daily. You need to let it build up before you notice the relief but it is a wonder 'drug' and natural.

LaurieShay 14 Jun 2011

Hey r.petetschick,

I can recommend what I take for the arthritis in my body. Celebrex is a non steroidal anti inflammatory (NSAID) that is a COX 2 inhibitor so it doesn't affect the stomach as bad as some of the other NSAIDs. I have taken for years with great results. It does require a prescription from a doctor though.

Best wishes,

Laurie