My 9 year old grandson takes Focalin XR 10 mgdaily for mild ADHD is it safe to skip weekend doses?

smith001 26 Sep 2010

My daughter also uses Focalin XR for school days only for her ADD. As per her pediatric neurologist there is no medical problem with using only for school day but of course you should always check with his doctor. There is a discussion about the child and if the medicine is helping them at school would there be a benefit to using on the weekends and school's out times as well. There is some benefit to smoothing out the thought process. I have always choosen to redirect my daughter and keep her on task. Something a teacher with 20+ students can not do. What I don't know is if her life would be easier if I gave her the medicine during non school times.