My mom took flagyl for c-diff and developed peripheral neuropathy and seizures. Is this permanent?

kaismama 11 Feb 2014

The peripheral neuropathy can be if she was on it a long time. I'd say she shouldn't ever take it again.

Cykem 18 Mar 2017

I was on Flagyl 500gm, 3 times a day.
I also developed peripheral neuropathy but my doctor advises me to drink lots of water.
At least 2 liters a day, I also went on a strict fruit and vegetable diet (garlic,onions,carrots), yogurt and milk
I would to say the PN symptoms are no longer present.
I however still have lower back and pelvic pain. Don't know if it's related to Flagyl

Cykem 18 Mar 2017

I was on Flagyl 500gm, 3 times a day for 14 days
I also developed peripheral neuropathy but my doctor advised me to drink lots of water.
I would like to say the PN symptoms are no longer present.
I however still have lower back and pelvic pain. Don't know if it's related to Flagyl because I read severe back pain is also a side effect.
It's been 3 weeks since I stopped taking Flagyl