I’ve been taking Yaz since june 2016 and this is the first time I’ve ever missed a pill. On Monday 1/29 I took my pill at around 8 pm and on Tuesday 1/30 I missed my pill; I realized that when I was about to take my Wednesday pill but instead popped the Tuesday one out (this was around 10:50 pm on 1/31 meaning it had already been more than 24 hours since the time I was scheduled to take my last pill). So I followed the instructions that came with the pills which was basically to take the Tuesday pill as soon as possible and the Wednesday one at my usual time and then keep taking the rest of the active pills in the pack and skip the placebo pills and start a new pack of active pills at my usual time to avoid having to use another contraception method, so I took the missed pill and the Wednesday pill at same time and today (2/1) I’m supposed to start a new pack since the Wednesday pill was the last active pill on my pack.
The thing is, I woke up this morning with slight to moderate bleeding and I don’t know if it’s just a break-through bleeding or the period-like bleeding I’m supposed to get at the end of my cycle. I want to know if I should follow as directed and start a new pack today, or finish my current pack (there’s just 4 placebo pills left) and start the new pack afterwards... All of this considering the pill I missed was the second to last active pill on the pack (pill #23) and I took the last active pill on the correct day.