Mirtazapine - did any one suffer with restless legs after taking 15mg of this drug?

Anonymous 24 Apr 2012

I suffer with RLS, have not personally taken Mirtazapine but what what I could find, there is a small percentage of people who do have RLS as a side effect. Maybe this side effect will lessen in time.

jingels 5 Sep 2012

Yes! I was prescribed the same amount (15mg) and every time I took it I had restless legs. I stopped taking mirtazapine after about a week because of the sides but I occasionally would take it for insomnia. I even broke the pill into about 1/8th's for this purpose and still had restless legs about an hour after taking it. I had RLS when I was younger but haven't had it in years but I definitely know what it is and the only time I get it now is after I take mirtazapine.

Benlea 3 Feb 2017

I take mirtazapine and I get IBS.I get anxiousness daily.I feel restless in the day and don't feel like motivating myself.I'm worried about how I feel.

Zivincenza 12 Aug 2017

I have chronic insomnia. Have been on many meds for it over the years. No identifiable reason for the insomnia but it is very debilitating.
I am trying to get off of Temazepam which I have been on for 10 years. No Internist knows about sleep problems; they get 6 hours of instruction in med school. Which is nothing, And if they are not paying attention, it is next to nothing.
I went to a psychiatrist (first time) and he prescribed 15 mg. of Mirtazapine but I am to take half along with 15 of Temazepam. I took the first dosage last night and it was NOT helpful. I tossed and turned all night long and had restless legs which have not bothered me in years. I woke up feeling like a zombie and I am still very tired and it is 1:30. I MAY try it again tonite just so he won't say I gave up too early, but I don't like MIrtazapine at this point.