I had mirena put in monday and I had really nasty discharge like the Dr told me I would. I just passed a big clot about the size of 3 quarters.
The mirena is very, very prone to infections. Women that have a 10% chance of getting stds or infections, means women with a mirena has a 90% chance because of the string regardless how short they may cut it. Throughout you having it you will in fact have unusual discharge, and if you contact an std you may still have it even after treatment bec the bacteria latches onto that string and continues to remain active. FYI you can still* get pregnant, but taking the mirena out if you do get pregnant it's nearly impossible to remove it with out killing the baby. I suggest you use condoms or a different alternative.
- Mirena Information for Consumers
- Mirena Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Mirena (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 12 Nov 2012 • 1 answer
Posted 12 Mar 2013 • 2 answers
Posted 26 Sep 2013 • 1 answer
Posted 21 Jun 2016 • 0 answers
Posted 14 Oct 2016 • 0 answers