Mirena is causing my milk supply to decrease :-( What can I do?!?

Trinabell 22 Oct 2014

Hey there Tritter. Mirena in general isn't suppose to have much affect on milk supply but everyone is different. When baby is around 3-5 month old some women will notice a decrease in milk production but this is actually normal. Im not sure how old your little one is but my 1st suggestion is to pump an extra feeding or 2 a day on top of your babies normal feeds & make sure to increase your water intake. So if your drinking 4 bottles a day now increase to 6 a day. Sometimes just doing this will promote a healthier size supply. The last thing & Im sure you already know this but im gonna say it just to make sure- feed evenly on each breast. It is very important to keep stimulating milk production that both breast receive equal use. Hope this helps you. Take care

Tritter 22 Oct 2014

Thank you! She is 4 months!