Is it OK if I take miratizapine for anxiety disorder?

masso 6 Apr 2017

Mirtazapine is used in the treatment of major depressive disorder; insomnia; anxiety; depression; hot flashes, and belongs to the drug class tetracyclic antidepressants.

I take 30mg. and it has helped with my anxiety.

Regards, masso.-

ChelleKay 6 Apr 2017

Candy, I have been on this med for depression and it is helping. Can't say I am all happy now as I also have separate anxiety and PTSD issues.. I do believe it has helped my PTSD too as it is much better and proud to say doing well in that area. My anxiety stands alone, very different from depression and I take different meds for that. I take Remeron (Brand) of what you are taking. Same thing, I just happened to find a discount card where I get it cheaper. Most of my meds are generic , pretty much the same as brand anyway and MOST of the time, cheaper. Been on it over 7 yrs. I take at night b/c it makes me drowsy. I take with night time meds and between them, sometimes I get some sleep. True blue insomniac here. I hope it helps you as it has helped me. No noticeable side effects in all these years. Best wishes, Chelle

janiebme 6 Apr 2017

Hi Candy-
It is up to you, as long as you are aware of some of the side effects. It is known for weight gain, if that is a concern for you. Just my opinion but it seems like there could be other meds that may work for you if you have anxiety only. Maybe talk to your doctor about Buspar or other options.
Hope you find what works best for you.

CandyIngram 7 Apr 2017

thats what i take reguarly or xanax. thanks for help. free discount card