I am using Minoxidil from last 5 months, May i know what are the symptoms of hair regrowth?
In general, an individual who is benefitting from minoxidil for treatment of genetic hair loss may notice one or more of the following after 5 months:
1. Improved scalp coverage. In other words, less of the scalp is seen when viewing from afar.
2. Increased hair. Many individuals will note new hairs growing. If one grows the hair long enough, these hairs will be about 5 cm after 5 months
3. Less daily shedding. Early genetic hair loss is associated with increased daily shedding. Minoxidil may correct this somewhat after a few months of continued use
4. No further hair loss. For some individuals, minoxidil helps slow or stop further loss but does not improve density
Overall, these are the signs minoxidil may be helping. Minoxidil helps about 30-40% of individuals with genetic hair loss.
- Minoxidil Information for Consumers
- Minoxidil Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Minoxidil (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 30 Aug 2009 • 1 answer
Is minoxidil really works, after how much time I can see its effect for hair growth PLEASE suggesst?
Posted 1 Nov 2011 • 2 answers
Posted 17 Aug 2014 • 2 answers
Posted 19 Aug 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 1 Aug 2016 • 0 answers