Hi,Im Miguel I m from portugal and I want stop taking subotex now I m 16mg per day any ideas?

Anonymous 16 Feb 2012

Hola Miguel, welcome to the site. If you will click on my avatar, that will take you to my page, and i listed the taper schedule i used to get off suboxone, the other medication very similar to subutes. You will have to taper off ot avoid withdrawal, all tips i used and the schedule is in my profile story. Good luck, patti

cod4 17 Feb 2012

Thanks a lot for the answer Patty... I will try... but I m a little afraid because the last time I reduce from 24mg a day to 16mg (... in 1 month... ) per day I feel very bad... but that´s life and I m fed up of subutex... I ve been taking them the last 10 years now it´s time to stop.

Anonymous 17 Feb 2012

Dear COD, i know it seems like a tall order, think of it a not only reversing your high opiate tolerance you have built up, but also as putting your brain on a subutex diet. In a starvation diet, the body fights back and that is what happens when you reduce too fast. If you go slow, you can stabilize and then lower again. It took me a year to a year and a half to get from 12 mgs to .25 and then skipping a day between doses of .25, but i was comfortable and was able to finally get off. Read my profile i list a major tip a man here gave me, to start walking for exercise and i didn't try it til i got to .5 mgs a day but it made a huge difference, thank you mpvt, wherever you are. Stay here for support, thqt is important too. Best of luck, pattishan

cod4 17 Feb 2012

Thanks for the quick aswer once more :),I have never tought this way (... like a starvation diet... ),but I think you might be right ,it worth try to reduce it slow... last time it was living hell for 1 month.
I take Serenal too I dont know if in your contry "serenal" exists it is a Benzodiazipine,I take 150mg per day... because of this do you recomend any cautions?

ps.I already read your (profile??) and the posts there help me a lot...

cod4 17 Feb 2012

... ah only one 1 more question... because of $$$ I m gona change next week to a generic (hear in Portugal they are round and withe,the subs I take now are oval format, 8mg )... should I take any precautions?,sorry so many questions.

Anonymous 17 Feb 2012

You should be fine on the generic. As to the benzo, it may help, most drs won't let people take both here, but if you drs knows, it may help. I wish you had been on here a year ago, had a new member from Portugal who couldn't find a dr who wrote subutex in portugal.she had to use google translator to reqd my answers. Just keep hqving faith and keep trying. It will happen. Patti

cod4 17 Feb 2012

I understand, a few years ago my old doctor also did not want to prescribe benzo with subotex he said I could have a respiratory arrest.
Now I see that was a mistake taking the two simultaneously, but at the time I could not lose my job and I did what was necessary to survive.
Ah... today I only took 8 mg of subotex and I dont feel so bad I think it is because is day 1... another thing fron now on I will read this forum every day so if anyone need help with Portuguese you/they can send me a PM... you are helping me so I think I must return that.
Thanks once more.

cod4 17 Feb 2012

... for future note,hear in Portugal anyone who as a past of opioids can go to a C.A.T. (centro de atandimento a toxicodependentes) and they will precrib Subutex,Methadone or Suboxone.

Anonymous 17 Feb 2012

Gracias Miguel we are glad to have you here, we are a strong support group and you need support and also give support. It helps distract you from the fear and anxiety.