Migraine Prevention - Can zonisamide be used for migraines and anxiety?

chuck1957 26 Oct 2015

Medicines are sometimes prescribed for purposes other than those listed in a Medication Guide. Do not use Zonisamide Capsules for a condition for which it was not prescribed. Do not give Zonisamide Capsules to other people, even if they have the same symptoms that you have. It may harm them. Mmmurwi after much reading I did find that they do use this off lable for migraine prevention BUT I COULD NOT FIND ANXIETY in most cases it causes anxiety as a side effect and suicidal thoughts THEY HAVE MUCH MORE DIFFERENT DRUGS THAT ARE SAFER THAN THIS ONE I have never seen this used for anything but people with bad seizures. if you are using this medication remember to always tell your doctor or pharmacist of any over the counter drug and vitamins and any other prescription or natural drug you might be taken there are lots of interactions. And I think there are much better choices than this medication for migraine preventions that is just my opinion Have a great day. CHUCK1957 medically retired pharmacy technician Cpht

chuck1957 26 Oct 2015

Mmm/ boy yu took me back to school on this one. I forgot but for anxiety this has no gray area in fact it causes more anxiety problems. AND I could not find any off lable use for anxiety there are many other prevention medications than this one I find it hard that a doctor would even use this old medication except in uncontrolled seizure for which it is used for.

Mmmurwi 27 Oct 2015

Thanks for your feedback. I am using it for my migraines. I did find out from my doctor if it was good for anxiety and it is not.