Metoprolol - what are the alternatives ? so I can lose the weight iv'e gained?

vttech10 28 Mar 2014

hi I've been taken metoprolol for years, use to take 100mg 2x daily never gained weight then, or now

frog1960 28 Mar 2014

that's not what i was asking whether or not you gained weight i don't care if you gained or lost weight. I've gained weight since being on the drug and it appears that i'm not the only one. I was looking for an alternative drug that may not have this as a side effect. Thanks

Emeraldgirl 28 Mar 2014

Hello – Weight gain is not a known side effect of Metoprolol. Could it be fluid/swelling? It is worth seeing your doctor. You ask about an alternative drug. There is alternatives to most drugs, but depends on what you are taking it for - Take care

frog1960 28 Mar 2014

yes it is the metabolic effects are weight gain a lot of the user reviews complain of added weight since being on the drug thanks for your comments i'll check else where for my answers

rejoseph21 9 Apr 2014

I use to have long thick hair since I have taken Metoprolol I have lost a lot of my hair. My hair is so thin you can put it all between two of my fingers